PA Description of Events
BCDS PARENTS’ ASSOCIATION
DESCRIPTION OF EVENTS 2016-17
- Throughout the year, the PA meets to update parents and board members on events that are happening, review what is coming up and give parents the opportunity to sign up to volunteer. PA meetings are open to all parents to attend.
Parents’ Night Out Grade Socials
- Pre-K -1st September 10, Grades 2-5 September 24, Grades 6-8 October 15.
- Parents meet on set evenings at a host family’s home for an evening of socializing, food and drinks. A great way to get to meet other parents and make connections.
BCDS Barbeque September 11
- 12-2 pm on the field behind BCDS
- Join other BCDS families and staff as we kick off the school year with games, activities and of course, lots of delicious food. Spiritwear will be available for sale.
BCDS Auction November 13, 5:30 pm at Temple Beth El
- Come out for a memorable evening of silent and live auction items to benefit BCDS. This year’s theme is 1956-the year BCDS was established-as we take you back in time for a Sock Hop themed event.
BCDS Book Fair November 28-December 2
- Come do all your holiday shopping right here at BCDS! Browse a wonderful collection of books and gifts for all ages.
Sunday at the Movies February 5
- Let’s all go to the movies! Join us Sunday February 5 for a family movie morning at a local theater. Details to follow in the PA Post/PA Checklist this winter.
Teacher Appreciation Week May 1-May 5
- Join in the fun as BCDS parents show our teachers how much they mean to us! The coffee cart, gifts, special meals and treats are delivered to our amazing teachers and staff all week long.
Spring Plant Sale May 4-5
- Just in time for Mother’s Day-Stop by during the day or at pick up to purchase gorgeous potted plants, herbs and flowers.
Spring Fundraiser Date TBD
- Our last fundraiser of the year requires a lot of parent participation to make it a success. This year we are doing something a little different than in the past. Join our planning meetings and help contribute to the success of this event. Details to follow in the PA Post/PA Checklist.
Dads’ Night Out Dates TBD
- Throughout the year there will be a few dads only events. These are great opportunities for dads to meet and mingle after hours. Watch your inbox and the PA Post and PA checklist for details.
Dads’ Drop Off Days & Moms’ Drop Off Mornings Dates TBD
- Come in to school, drop your child off and visit his/her classroom, meet the teacher and then stop by the school cafeteria for a light bite and cup of coffee with other parents before you head out to conquer the day! There will be several Dads’ Drop Off Days just for Dads and Moms’ Drop Off Mornings just for Moms this year. Watch your inbox for details in the weekly PA Post and PA Checklist for dates.